Our vision is one where the entire community comes together to promote the physical, intellectual and social emotional development of young children.
We will inspire a family focused community that invests in the development and needs of all Clinton County children. We will nurture, educate, inform, and support communication networks for families so that each child is prepared to succeed in school and life.
Join the Clinton County Great Start Collaborative to explore and develop plans for a comprehensive early childhood system. Become actively involved in the Parent Coalition. Questions can be directed to:
Maria Cook, Great Start Parent Liaison
989-224-6831 ext. 2145
Strengthening Families is a national model to promote child development and to build strong families.
It includes five protective factors to reduce stress and keep families strong.
Recommended By Clinton County Great Start Parent Coalition
1. Do you have any vacancies?
2. Is all personnel current in CPR and First Aid Training?
3. Can I see a copy of your emergency policies or can you describe them to me?
4. What are the credentials of the director and or teachers/caregivers of my child?
5. What is your policy to release a child and to whom can they be released?
6. Are you licensed? How long have you been?
7. How do you redirect children with their behavior?
8. Can you show me the daily schedule?
9. Is outside time provided each day?
10. How is literacy incorporated into my child’s day?
11. Are meals provided?
12. Is there a way for me to know each day how my child’s day went?